Forum

Routine Lab Workups

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Routine Lab Workups Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:15 pm
Hi, I was wondering where to find information on HOW labs are done and values/results determined once the specimen has reached the lab. In anything relating to nursing, information on why and how labs are drawn is readily available but the actual procedure of determining a Na+/K+ level or troponin in the lab is far more elusive.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to learn a bit about what a lab tech does to, say, find a Na+ level from a blood sample, I think nurses would greatly benefit from this information.

Thank you so much.
ArianaKelly

Re: Routine Lab Workups Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:07 pm
ArianaKelly wrote:Hi, I was wondered about the marine muscle information on HOW labs are done and values/results determined once the specimen has reached the lab. In anything relating to nursing, information on why and how labs are drawn is readily available but the actual procedure of determining a Na+/K+ level or troponin in the lab is far more elusive.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to learn a bit about what a lab tech does to, say, find a Na+ level from a blood sample, I think nurses would greatly benefit from this information.

Thank you so much.

Hi Ariana, did you find the info?
Helsell

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General